Above: A four sided monument, each side featuring a brief description of the contributions made to the city and province by Frederick Haultain, Nicholas Davin, James Ross, and Charles Dunning. In the vicinity sit six paper birch trees taken from Runnymede Meadow in Great Windsor Park, Royal Estate near Windsor Castle. The area surrounding the monument is called Speakers’ Corner to emphasize the importance of freedom of speech and assembly in a democratic society. There are ten gas lamps surrounding the corner that come from King Charles Street, London, England near the Houses of Parliament.
Below: The Sisters Legacy Statue portrays two Catholic sisters — one, a teacher, and one, a nurse. The monument commemorates the commitment and courage of women who provided education and health care in the early days of Saskatchewan.
Left: The Honouring Tree was erected as part of the 2010 celebration commemorating one hundred years of settlement by people of African ancestry in Saskatchewan. It is a symbol of diversity as we remember and honour past contributions of people from many origins who call this province their home.
Below: The Walter Scott statue, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the legislative building of Regina. W. Scott oversaw the construction, which concluded in 1912. He also promoted the creation of the University of Saskatchewan in 1907. Under his leadership, Saskatchewan was one of the first provinces to grant women the right to vote and hold elected office. He did all this, and more, while battling mental illness. He suffered from manic depression (bipolar disorder) his entire life.
All these monuments are located in Wascana Park, in Regina.