A big thank you to Kelley at Kelleysdiy for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Kelley posts about crafts, home decor, storage solutions, gardening, home improvement, and even has regular contests for readers. I find her posts full of great ideas.
What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcoming.
The GUIDELINES for the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Display the award on your post
3. Answer the questions given to you
4. Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
5. Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
6. List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
Kelley’s Questions For Her Nominees:
1) What is your favourite color? My favourite is blue, though I really like some greens and purples too.
2) Cats or Dogs? That’s a difficult one to answer. I like both. Each has attributes that make them lovable.
3) Which is your ideal place: Beach, Lake, Ocean, Forest and why? I can’t make up my mind. Forests have tons of things to explore with their abundance of trees, plants, birds, and animals. Lakes are beautiful when the water’s mirror calm, and it’s interesting to see what wildlife congregates there. Lake and ocean beaches are fun to explore too, as long as it’s not too hot. Stones, driftwood, and shells inspire the imagination.
4) Favorite Scary Movie? The sixth sense, though it wasn’t really that scary.
5) One Wish? I sound selfish if I wish for my whole family to be healthy, happy, and get along, so why not wish that for every family!
6) Dream Vacation? I’ve always thought a European river cruise would be nice, with stopovers long enough to see the sights along the way.
7) Saver or spender I’m a saver, though I’m not a miser, I just try to be a good steward with what I’ve been blessed.
8) Which season do you prefer?(Spring,Summer, Fall, Winter)? Spring, because let’s face it, the cold weather’s over when spring comes. I also love the colours of fall.
9) Where’s your happy place? Walking outdoors when the weather’s just right, in places quiet enough for reflection, but with interesting sights to stir the imagination.
10) Why did you start your blog? I started my blog during a period of depression. I decided to find and record sights and experiences that brought a smile into my day, inspired me, or caused me to feel gratitude. After the depression lessened, with the help of medication, I realized that blogging is a source of satisfaction, and the interactions with people around the world is an added bonus. I have learned so much from the writings and observations of other bloggers!
My nominees: if you have never been nominated for the Liebster Award, and long to publish an award post, please consider yourself nominated, and answer the same questions that are listed here, or let your readers get to know you by substituting some of your own. I think all bloggers should be recognized for their perseverance and creativity!